Scalloway Health Centre
January 2015 - July 2015
Scalloway Health Centre - Conversion from Primary School
Callidus Design was appointed by NHS Shetland to carry out the refurbishment of the original Scalloway Primary School to transform it into a new Health Centre. This refurbishment was the second phase of a two phase project. Phase 1 involved the relocation of the original Primary School into the former Junior High School. The main services plantroom remained within the original Primary School section. Where possible, the services were extended from the existing School plantroom with additional electrical and heat metering added to allow for separate billing of the Health Centre. Additional air handling units were added to the waiting area roof to provide comfort cooling, heating and ventilation for the Health Centre.
The refurbishment project removed many of the existing internal partitions which allowed for a new layout of smaller rooms consisting of several new GP consulting rooms, practice nurse treatment rooms, reception & waiting area, staff / admin offices, toilets, shower and change areas.
Callidus Design was responsible for the design of the following services provided to the Health Centre:
- Fresh Air and Recirculation Ventilation to maintain the required environmental conditions inside the building for the comfort of the occupants
- Domestic Water Services and above ground drainage
- LTHW System serving the Air Handling Unit Frost and Heating coils and space heating
- Building Management System (BMS)
- Small Power
- Fire Alarm
- Security & Door Access Control
- Nurse Call / Staff Attack Alarm System